June is here, and that means the school is nearly over! After the photoshoot students spent most of the time cutting figures from photos and bringing onto their backgrounds. One important step in making objects look realistic in the collages is creating shadows. It turned out there is a lot to observe in the way the object produces shadows: size, shape, colour, position, etc.
Here are some questions to consider when creating the shadow:
- Which way is the shadow pointing?
- Is the shadow long or short?
- What defines the length of shadow?
- Is it attached to the subject?
- Is the shadow the same texture across?