Product / Furniture Photographer
- lighting set up and photography of individual product for e-commerce websites
- furniture photography for ScanDesigns, Muse and Merchant, Kavuus, Broadway Vanities
- editing furniture product into room scenes, video slideshows
- founder of PhotoTeam.ca – official photographer for Synchro BC since 2015
- full photography coverage of all Synchro BC competitions including Espoir 2018, FINA World Series Artistic Swimming #7
- coverage of major BC Diving events: Summer Provincials 2016 & 2018, Novice Nationals 2017, video editing of athletes’ dives
- contract for other sport photography companies to shoot basketball, hockey and softball, action style and green screen team shots
- video slideshows and original custom designed collages
Real Estate Photographer
- Interior and exterior photography services for apartments, townhouses and houses for sale in Lower Mainland
- 360 degree Panorama shooting
- Process and upload tours within 24 hours
- Post processing in Adobe Photoshop CS6, working with RAW images, HDR, bracketing shooting
- Video slideshow posting on YouTube
- personal web-page for each listing (sample)
- Under supervision of SFU professor worked with Musqueam artist and weaver, taking professional photos of weavings, blankets, and other pieces
- Performed post production of photos for further use in print or web
- Traveled around to assigned venues, kept log of hours, completed projects, attended to all correspondence, consistently meet deadlines
Vanexion Education Inc, Burnaby, BC 2014
Graphic Designer +
- Draw mathematical graphs to supplement solutions for math textbooks of 1st, 2nd year college / university level. Note: Each graph is unique and hand drawn in Illustrator.
- Hand code LaTeX files to produce press ready PDF files with complete and accurate solutions.
- Use specific knowledge of teaching math to advise on presenting explanations in a logical manner.
- Upload files onto the web-site maintaining a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide other graphic design duties as directed: logo re-design, web site re-design, ads layout, etc.
PACE Canada College (education, non-profit), Surrey, BC 2013
Marketing & Digital Specialist
- Twice a week designed newsletters featuring current programs and courses, and sent via Vertical Response to over 400 recipients.
- Created targeted email campaigns with promo coupons, holiday wishes, thank you cards, closing dates reminders, etc.
- Actively promoted the college in social media – Facebook/ Twitter/ Flickr by updating daily posts with current information on registrations, graduation photos, urging more “likes” and “shares”
- Planned and prepared all marketing materials for exhibitions, trade shows, etc. Coordinated and collaborated with the team on marketing strategies before and during the event.
- Designed and printed in house student cards, course promotional materials, gift certificates, diplomas, etc.
- Updated monthly calendar on the web-site, maintained profiles of instructors and course descriptions current and accurate.
- Organized weekly photo shoots and built a library of images suitable for further use in advertising.
- Created, sent out and track invoices to clients, adhering to college standards.
- Created power point presentations for the Board Meetings, took minutes, and prepared reports as instructed by the Director.
ScanDesigns, Coquitlam, BC (furniture retail, BC owned) 2006 – 2013
including all 6 branches in BC as well as Muse and Merchant showrooms
(former galleries of Couch Potato and Martha Stewart)
- Coordinated and performed photo shoots of furniture pieces allowing to be instantly featured in current web and print advertisements.
- Collaborated with Interior Designers to achieve a visually appealing look.
- Worked with natural light, industrial light, including professional studio lighting equipment; with all types of surfaces – glass, wood, metal, and in a variety of settings – sales floor, white room, warehouse.
- Performed post production of photos – touch ups for beauty and consistency, color changes / image optimizations, cropping, resizing for press and web, extending or eliminating background.
- Managed the picture library, tagged photos, uploaded on site, FTP file exchange.
Advertisement / Graphic Designer
- Prepared press ready ad files in the correct size and proportion, print and color quality as required by publishers, proofread all material before press production.
- Created over 100 winning layouts bringing clients in person, over the phone or via web-inquiry system.
- Established and facilitated an on-going working relationship with Vancouver Sun, the Province, Langley Times, Langley Advance, The NOW, Kelowna Capital News, Times Colonist, Nanaimo Daily News, Western Living, BC Homes and Garden.
- Designed posters, signage, multi-page flyers for all upcoming sale events.
- Operated a 24” digital printer for all in house printing jobs, monitored and ordered supplies.
- Updated ScanDesigns website on a weekly basis with the new products and current promotions.
- Maintained effective communication on all projects with the CEO and branch managers always accommodating last minute requests.
Office administrator / Accounts Receivable clerk
- Professionally answered a multi-line phone, took messages, transferred to voice mail.
- Created welcoming office environment, cleaned the reception area.
- Operated office printer/scanner/copier, performed cash/debit/credit card transactions.
- Assisted in sales, managed customer payments, provided product information, checked ETA for special orders, promptly filed completed invoices.
- Helped scheduling deliveries and service, called clients to advice on a delivery time frame.
- Offered orientation for new employees, updated training manual.
- Manually input daily transactions into spreadsheets according to requirements.
- Insured cash flow balanced with batch reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Performed bank deposits on a weekly basis
Inlet Skating Club, Port Moody, BC 2008 – 2014
Designer / Photographer (volunteer position)
- In cooperation with the Board and coaches developed a full graphic concept of
- the Winter Wonderland Ice Show 2008,
- Winter Performances of 2011
- 2013 Ice Show “100 Years Port Moody, Celebrating the City of the Arts”.
- 2014 Ice Show “A Holiday Around the World”
- Performed still and action photo shoots during classes and performances.
- Designed and sewed costumes for group performers, coordinated the purchase of materials and budgeting.
- Obtained quotes from printers to secure the most competitive prices for posters and tickets.
- Arranged delivery of ready material within timelines discussed.
- Maintained effective communication with Board members and coaches.
- Promoted the club and the Show throughout social gatherings.