My degree is in the field of Education (M.Ed.). My areas of expertise are physics, mathematics, English as a Second language, dance and drama. I am also highly skilled in photography, advertising design, costume design and sewing.
I am a trained and experienced instructor with passion for teaching and learning. I have worked with all ages and ability levels, in groups and individually in a variety of educational settings. I truly enjoy the discovery process that both the learner and a teacher go through and build my teaching technique on that. I hold TESOL Advanced certificate.
- Worked with small groups of young students for 2 weeks of Boot camp
- Taught methods and techniques required to succeed in the SAT test
- Established effective communication, engaged in problem solving & brainstorming
|Winter Boot Camp 2009
Elite Educational, Coquitlam, BC
- Taught theory and practice questions needed to succeed in entrance examinations to BMSTU for Gr. 10-11
- Used Department approved assessment papers to stage mock up examinations
- Established an open communication with audience, parents, and officials
- Promoted high efficiency learning, offered memorizing techniques
- Assisted in student orientation and career development
| Training Center at Bauman Moscow State University,
- Worked with young adult students of all abilities and levels of English proficiency
- Taught courses in English phonetics, reading, writing, listening comprehension, grammar & spelling, translation & interpreting
- Developed mid-term and year end assessment tests based on the existing curriculum later used across all groups within the same area of studies
- Was appointed to create a program and teach students of upper intermediate and advanced levels with the emphasis on Science and Business English
- Took specific interest in computer aided education, attended related conferences, actively used and promoted the use of audio/video resources
- Presented reports at regular Board meetings
| Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow, Russia 2000 – 2006
Faculty of Linguistics, ESL Instructor/ Translator/ Interpreter
(letter of recommendation, proof of employment)
- Instructed the following programs at the city of Coquitlam: Ballet 3-5yrs, Creative Dance 3-5 yrs, Hip Hop 6-9 yrs, Ballroom and Latin 7-11 yrs. Video Sample 1, Video Sample 2
- As the founder and instructor of Inlet Dance Academy I offered Semi/Private Ballroom and Latin training for kids 9-13 yrs with the focus on personal growth as a dancer. I have also worked with kids who have special needs exploring their development and self perception through movement and music. I tape videos to document progress and further use them in teaching. I take a creative approach to routines as we build stories: Sample Video.
- Offered two dance fundraisers for Traditional Learning Academy, Coquitlam – 8 weeks in Fall 2015 and 10 weeks in Fall 2016; building the program around school values and policies. Unlisted Video.
- Offered a session of 8 classes of Zumba® for Kids during Fall 2014 at Porter Street Elementary, upon completion we taped a video.
- Dec 2013 – May 2015 I partnered with Lions Park Montessori where I taught little preschoolers creative and developmental dances once a week. Each lesson was also a discovery for myself as I observed how 3-4 year olds perceived dancing as a guided activity, and other “untaught things” they learn. Sample video (Unlisted)
- My overall dance teaching experience dates back to 1997, Moscow, Russia. Read more…
Inlet Dance Academy
- DIGITAL MEDIA: Designed a course (currently in progress) where students (Grade 7 +) learn Photoshop software and combine digital and real artwork. Webpage for this Project is HERE.
- CRAFTS: Designed and implemented a sewing project for students of Grade 7 Maillard Middle, Winter 2016. Instructed how to work with fur, practiced main stitching technique, pattern usage, safety technique; each student created a fur ball by the end of the program.
- DRAMA: Organize New Year concerts for Russian kids within a circle of closed friends and their kids on a yearly basis. Coordinate production of short plays in Russian, preceded by a few rehearsals, costumes and decorations, space rental, set up and take down.
- Instructor for Young Carpenters 6-9 yrs, Simple Stitching 6-9 yrs programs at the City of Coquitlam
- TUTOR: ESL for Essay writing Grade 8, ESL for Canadian citizenship Adult, homeschooling my Grade 6 daughter during BC Teacher’s strike 2016
Relevant Education & Certifications
TESOL Advanced, Certificate (photo coming soon)
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC
Faculty of Education, Master’s Degree in Education,
courses in Mathematics and Educational Technology & Learning Design
homework sample MATH 604 (Geometry course)
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC
2014 – 2015
Instructional Skill Workshop (Certificate of Completion)
University Certificate in Teaching and Learning (Certificate)
UBC, Vancouver, BC
Multimedia Design and Web Development, selected courses
Moscow Pedagogical State University,
1995 – 2000
Diploma “Teacher of Physics and English”
coursework included Theoretical and Experimental Physics, Calculus & Analysis, Linear Algebra, Analytical Geometry,
as well as General and Developmental Psychology, Methodology of teaching,
Sociology, Philosophy, Occupational safety, and First aid
Zumbatomic® Fitness Instructor Training,
Zumba® Fitness Instructor Training,
St. Johns Ambulance, New Westminster, BC,
Standard First Aid with CPR – HCP 2012
Nikon School of Photography, Seattle, WA
Digital SLR Photography, Colour, Light, Technology
Concord Security, Vancouver, BC,
Basic Security Training 1, 2
ICC Europe, Athens, Greece
Participant of the Conference
“Language Testing and Assessment”
European Center for Modern Languages, Moscow, Russia
Certificate of Participant “Vocationally Oriented Language Learning”